Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday adventure in Alaska

Today was a quiet day all considered. Kyle taught at the conference. I hung out to see him teach and see some of the other topics. Afterwards, we went to dinner in Fox, AK at a place called the Silver Gulch- a local brewery. It was awesome. Great nachos, delicious root beer, great beer per Kyle, to die for Pear gorgonzola pizza along with the Cheddar Beer soup. I think we may go back tomorrow to try other items. Tried to find the Aurora, but it is a low night and the clouds moved in. On the way home- traveling down the Steese, I was wondering why someone would put a statue off to the side and then when I got closer, I realized it was not a statue, but a MOOSE. I did it, I saw my first Alaska Moose. I hit Kyle - he was dozing, and he of course did not believe me. I turned around and went back up the Steese, turn off the highway and went back down to show Kyle making sure he got a picture. Well the stopping of the car and the flash, Kyle did not see the moose, it got spooked. We went back down the Steese (a 3 lane highway both ways) and turned onto Old Steese and drove thinking we could see the moose. Nothing! We got back on the Steese and wouldn't you know it, the moose was back to eating. It was awesome baby with a capital A!!!! This place is amazing. So peaceful, so relaxing, I now know why people move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment