For Kyle's Birthday, I bought tickets to the Sabres Game that nite. I did not tell anyone (some 3yr olds have a hard time keeping secrets). The nite before, I was trying to get him confused (with the help of Mom-Mom) by saying that the drive will be at least 1.5 hrs. I needed his help with some directions, etc. The morning of his birthday, I loaded the car with a bag packed with our jerseys. I left work a little early, picked up Holden and went home to get Daddy. While I was in the house, Holden told Daddy he had a suprise, and when Kyle asked what it was, Holden wispered that it was a secret. Kyle was instructed to cover his eyes along the way, and when we got downtown, he kept asking Holden questions to figure out our location. Holden was instructed to tell Daddy that he was cheating. Then Kyle asked if Holden saw a crane and Holden got excited and said YEAH DADDY there are 2 of them. We all laughed. I ended up taking Kyle to dinner at Pearl Street, meeting Aunt Jenna and Uncle Nick and then giving Kyle the tickets to the game. I am not sure who was more excited Kyle or Holden after Daddy told him he was going to see his FIRST SABRES game. Holden got his first puck and pendent - AUnt Jenna and Uncle Nick went to the game also, and my friend Kara helped me get Kyle's name on the jumbotron. The nite was very memorable, but would have been a little better if the Sabres had won.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Happy Birthday Daddy!
For Kyle's Birthday, I bought tickets to the Sabres Game that nite. I did not tell anyone (some 3yr olds have a hard time keeping secrets). The nite before, I was trying to get him confused (with the help of Mom-Mom) by saying that the drive will be at least 1.5 hrs. I needed his help with some directions, etc. The morning of his birthday, I loaded the car with a bag packed with our jerseys. I left work a little early, picked up Holden and went home to get Daddy. While I was in the house, Holden told Daddy he had a suprise, and when Kyle asked what it was, Holden wispered that it was a secret. Kyle was instructed to cover his eyes along the way, and when we got downtown, he kept asking Holden questions to figure out our location. Holden was instructed to tell Daddy that he was cheating. Then Kyle asked if Holden saw a crane and Holden got excited and said YEAH DADDY there are 2 of them. We all laughed. I ended up taking Kyle to dinner at Pearl Street, meeting Aunt Jenna and Uncle Nick and then giving Kyle the tickets to the game. I am not sure who was more excited Kyle or Holden after Daddy told him he was going to see his FIRST SABRES game. Holden got his first puck and pendent - AUnt Jenna and Uncle Nick went to the game also, and my friend Kara helped me get Kyle's name on the jumbotron. The nite was very memorable, but would have been a little better if the Sabres had won.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment