I was more nervous for Holden to start the new school than he was. Was he going to sleep on the mat, was he going to adjust to the new schedule.... That morning, my legs were like jello. Monday came and I dropped him off early to ease the transition. I thought I could stay a little bit. He was not to sure about me leaving, but his teacher Ms Danielle took Holden to the office so "he" could drop off his paperwork. He blew me a kiss and then off I went. I was on the edge of tears.... my little guy getting bigger. I called a little after 10 and was told that he is doing GREAT - he was in the gym playing. The staff was amazed at how well he was doing. I stopped in the office before picking up Holden and was told " Wow! He did great today, you would never know that today was his first day" When I went to his classroom to pick him up, he said "Hi Mommy - I went Pee- pee potty" I asked how his day was and he said "Great I have new friends." In fact a little blonde gal was following him around - I think she is his first fan :-) Daddy was so excited to hear about Holden's day, so when we walked into the house, Kyle asked how his day was and he responded " Great Dad , I have new friends" We both laughed.
Day 2- Getting ready was not a fight. He put his shoes on, put on his jacket and kissed Kyle and out the door we went. When we got to his classroom, he ran in and told Ms Danielle " It's windy outside" and then hung his jacket up and told me "bye Mommy" Ms Danielle said that she was so amazed at how well his first day was and that she wished she had a room full of Holden's. When I picked him up it was so cute...one of the little boys said "Bye Holden" and I asked who that was and Holden patted his chest and said "my friend" it was such an "awwwww"
Way to go Holden! We're proud of you. We think you are so very sweet too!
ReplyDelete