I open the door to the hall and walk out to look and there is no Holden and now the FREAKING DOOR shuts and locks behind me.. - I thought S*&T the key. A little panicky, I go to the elevator and pick up the phone to call front desk to let me back in. It rings forever and finally they answer - I explain the I locked myself out of the room and all I am wearing is a towel. They send someone up immediately, who then proceeds to ask to see ID. I tell him that I think my 2.5 yr is missing. He opens the door immediately - I check around more and say nope he is not here - He is wearing a Batman pj set. The security guard calls it in. I call Kyle and try to get dressed (jeans are not easy to put on when you are wet) As I proceed to tell Kyle that Holden is missing, the security guard tells me they have found Holden.
We are in room 1714 - Holden had opened the hotel room door - went over to the elevator pushed the down button, walked on to the elevator when the door opened and THANK GOD, a man who was getting ready to check out walked on- saw Holden ( not sure who was more suprised) and took him to his room called the front desk and then came back into the hallway to wait for us. I found Holden on the 15th floor!!!!!
It was a happy reunion - Holden was a little scared, but safe and sound. Thank God to the man who saved me and my towel and for the man who found Holden. Thank god the hotel had a big EMS conference and not some other type.
Realizing that Holden was missing and finding him took less than 20 minutes. I have learned to use ALL THE LOCKS on the hotel doors. The man who found Holden had friends in Kyle's last lecture and when we were telling them about our adventure - they said, hey that man is our friends.
We laugh at this now and for those who know Holden - I know you are laughing now!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment